When it comes to your body and your health, the benefits of massage are wide-reaching. Whether you’re an athlete, an expectant mother, or a post-operative patient, massage can help relieve stress, decrease muscle tension and stimulate the release of endorphins that work as your body’s natural pain killer. Bon Secours In Motion offers massage therapy and sports massage to the public at several locations around Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads.
Health Benefits of Massage
- Increased joint flexibility and range of motion
- Decreased joint pain due to arthritis
- Enhanced immune system by promoting movement of lymph fluids
- Improved the health and nourishment of the skin (also reduces scar tissue and stretch marks)
- Decreased blood pressure
- Reduction in depression and anxiety
- Reduced muscle spasms, cramping and fatigue
- Better recovery from workouts and sporting events for athletes
Type of Bodywork We Offer
- Swedish Massage
Classic therapeutic manipulation that relaxes and soothes muscles as well as stimulates circulation.
- Therapeutic Massage
Similar to Swedish massage, this soothing manipulation of soft tissues promotes relaxation of muscles, relief from pain, increased blood and lymph circulation and the restoration of metabolic balance.
- Deep Tissue/Trigger Point Massage
A vigorous massage in which the therapist uses techniques on muscles at a deeper level than classic Swedish massage. A great choice for athletes or anyone suffering from muscle tension and soreness.
- Sports Massage
The focus of this type of bodywork is to release tight, contracted, overworked muscles used in sport activities. All athletes, including the weekend warrior, can benefit from this.
- Injury/Rehab Massage
In cases where injury has occurred massage can help to restore mobility and flexibility to injured muscle and tissue. This can reduce recovery time, promote healing, increase nutrients, and improve circulation of blood flow to muscles.
- 30 minutes $30
- 60 minutes $50
- 90 minutes $75
- 90 minutes hot stone $85
Availability may differ between locations, please call to confirm.